Uncategorized July 31, 2014
The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation held a meeting onWednesday, 30th July, 2014 at the NFF Secretariat, Abuja on issues concerning Nigeria football and resolved as follows:
1) The Executive Committee resolved that the Elective Congress of the
NFF will still hold on Tuesday, 26th August, 2014 in Abuja while the General Assembly will now hold on Wednesday, 18th November, 2014 at a venue to be determined later.
2) Committee decided to retain the Electoral Committee headed by Mr. Amoni Biambo with the exclusion of Dr. Akpo Mudiaga-Odje and Mr. Pascal Patrick, while the Electoral Appeals Committee is also retained with the exclusion of Barr. Eddy Ibrahim Mark, who is a Chairman of one of NFF’s judicial bodies.
3) The Committee constituted a five-man committee to review the issue of bans on persons within the Nigeria football family and report back to the body within three days. The Committee, which was immediately inaugurated by the Acting President, Chief Mike Umeh, is headed by Chief Effiong Johnson and has Hon. Shehu Adamu, Mr. Ayodeji Tinubu, Mrs Dilichukwu Onyedinma and Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande as Members, while Dr. Christian Emeruwa will serve as Secretary.
4) As a result of unforeseen circumstances, the emergency Congress of NFF earlier proposed for Thursday, 31st July, 2014 but not convoked, will now be convened at a later date. Board apologized for any inconveniences caused members of the NFF Congress by the postponement.
5) Following the report of a three –man committee appointed to open channels of communication with Mr. Stephen Keshi on the probability of contract renewal for the Super Eagles’ Head Coach job, the Executive Committee approved that the Acting President convene a meeting of the NFF Emergency Committee to approve/finalize details of Keshi’s possible re –engagement within the shortest possible time.
6) Executive Committee unanimously appointed Hon. Shehu Adamu as Acting 1st Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation.
7) Committee re-affirmed Barrister Musa Amadu as General Secretary of Nigeria Football Federation.
8) The Committee unanimously resolved that henceforth, funds generated from registration fees for the Men and Women Federation Cup competitions will now be shared at the ratio of 60 per cent to the Federation and 40 per cent to be kept by Football Associations in the States. Committee also expressed sincere appreciation to the Lagos State Government for hosting the Grand Finale of the Federation Cup for several years now, and also approved that the State host the next three editions in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
IN ATTENDANCE: Chief Mike Umeh (Acting President); Hon. Shehu Adamu (Acting 1st Vice President); High Chief Emeka Inyama (Member); Mrs Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Member); Chief Effiong Johnson (Member); Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Chief Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member); Barr. Christopher Green(Member); Alh. Suleyman Muazu (Member); Mr. Ayodeji Tinubu (Member); Alh. Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member); Barr. Musa Amadu (Secretary)