NFF Executive Committee held a meeting at the NFF Secretariat, Abuja on Tuesday, 12th August, 2014 to discuss salient matters concerning Nigeria football, part of the decisions reached is the an lifted on members. The list of decisions reach are as follow:
1) Executive Committee observed one –minute silence in memory of a former Chairman of the NFF Appeals Committee, Major-General Bala Sanda Usara (rtd), who passed on in a hospital in India on Tuesday, 12th August, 2014, and Alh. Ibrahim Abdullahi, senior brother of a former NFF President Sani Lulu Abdullahi, who died on Monday, 11th August, 2014.
2) After exhaustive deliberations, the Committee unanimously decided to lift bans of various lengths placed on the following members of Nigeria football family: Chief Rumson Baribote, Barr. Olaleye Adepoju, Mr. Jarrett Tenebe and Mr. Olajide Fashikun. The ban on former Member of NFF Executive Committee, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi will be lifted once communication is received from the Court of Arbitration for Sport that he has withdrawn his case. Other banned persons will have their cases reviewed as soon as they appear before the Committee.
3) Following from the above, Barr. Olaleye Adepoju will, with immediate effect, retake the Chairmanship of Oyo State Football Association and his seat on the Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation. Also, Mr. Chidi Ofor Okenwa retakes his seat as Chairman of Enugu State Football Association.
4) However, the lifting of ban placed on Chief Rumson Baribote is as far as football –related activities are concerned, and does not restore him to his former position of Chairmanship of NPL.
5) After thorough investigation, a Member of the Executive Committee, Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande was found not culpable and was therefore cleared of allegation of anti-Board activities. The Committee re-affirmed suspension from the Executive Committee and bans of six months and one year from all football –related activities placed on former Members of the Committee, Barr. Chris Green and Alh. Ahmed Yusuf ‘Fresh’ respectively, pending the ratification of the General Assembly.
6) Committee affirmed that Chairman of the NFF Appeals Committee, Barr. Eddy Ibrahim Mark, will appear before its Ethics and Fair-play Committee, which has Barr. Ikechukwu Obidike as Chairman. Members are Hon. Shehu Adamu, Chief Effiong Johnson, Mr. Ayodeji Tinubu and Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande.
7) Having finalized the fresh contract with Mr. Stephen Keshi, for him to continue as Head Coach of Super Eagles, and having forwarded same to Mr. Keshi, the Executive Committee expects the new contract to be signed by the NFF and Mr. Keshi in a matter of days.
IN ATTENDANCE: Chief Mike Umeh (Acting President); Hon. Shehu Adamu (Acting 1st Vice President); High Chief Emeka Inyama (Member); Mrs Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Member); Chief Effiong Johnson (Member); Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Mr. Ayodeji Tinubu (Member); Barr. Musa Amadu (Secretary)