The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation met at the NFF Secretariat, Abuja on Monday, 1st September, 2014 to discuss issue surrounding Nigeria Football, part of which is the suspension of the League Management Company (LMC). Below is a list of what the NFF resolved:
1. The Executive Committee thanked the President Commander-in-Chief, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GCFR) and the Honourable Minister/Chairman, National Sports Commission, Dr. Tammy Danagogo for their continued support to the Nigeria Football Federation.
2. The League management Company Limited is hereby suspended for sabotaging the league matches during day 26th matches. Accordingly, a Six Man Committee comprising of the following members: Mr. Fatai Olaniyan, Chief Rumson Baribote, Chief Okey Ibe, Barr. Isaac Danladi, Mr. Tijani Babangida, Mr. Babangida Little, Tunji Babalola – Secretary is hereby constituted to oversee the running of the Nigeria Premier League matches till the end of the season. The Committee is also mandated to chart a new road map for elections into the board of the Nigeria Premier League. A Committee is also constituted to investigate the culpability or otherwise of the members of LMC.
3. The Executive Committee hereby sets up a reconciliatory Committee comprising of the following members: Gen. Dominic Oneya – Chairman, Alh. Ibrahim Galadima – Member, Chief Gabriel Chukwuma Gabros – Member, Elder Dickson Adejube – Member, Prof. Onje Gyewado – Member to meet and reconcile all the factions amongst the football family and accordingly advise the Committee on how to resolve the conflict to avoid future occurrence.
4. The Federation will look into the Fire incident that destroyed part of the Secretariat and make its position known appropriately.
5. The Committee to investigate the League Management Company and Nigeria Referee Association in view of their involvement in sabotaging the league matches and to report back to the Executive Committee is hereby constituted as follows: Dr. Chris Ekong – Chairman, Mr. O. O. Olaniyan – Member, Alh. Inuwa Umar – Member, Mr. Sunday Okayi – Secretary.
6. The Executive Committee hereby sets up a Committee to work out the modalities for movement to the new NFF Secretariat constituting of the following members: Chief Effiong Johnson – Chairman, Mr. Adama Yahaya – Member, Dr. Christian Emeruwa – Secretary.
7. The Executive Committee applauds the Leadership of FIFA led by Sepp Blatter and has accordingly replied to the letter dated 29th August, 2014 threatening to suspend Nigeria. Nigerians are hereby assured that there will be no cause for alarm.
8. The Executive Committee is informing well meaning Nigerians that elections into the Executive Board of NFF has been successfully concluded. Accordingly, those purportedly selling forms for another elections will be investigated and sanctioned. Furthermore, delegates are informed that there is no congress on Thursday, September, 2014 as rumoured.
9. The Executive Committee commend the effort of the Government and the people of Cross River state for their deep seated support for the NFF as all arrangements have been concluded for the Super Eagles AFCON qualifiers match against Congo Brazzaville and the subsequent match in South Africa. Furthermore, the NFF in conjunction with the Cross River State Government is making adequate security arrangement for the Super Eagles match in Calabar.